- View employees, Update employees, Administer employees permissions in the Employees section of Access Control.
- Manage segments and Manage attributes permissions in the Administer section of Access Control.
The Administer section is only available for All employees group types.
You can use survey attributes to enable employees to self-select a segment option in their survey, and for their subsequent responses to attribute to that segment. Example: You could create an attribute called Working preference and provide different segment options to collect data on employee working preference, and how it reflects on their engagement.
- Go to Administration > Schedules.
- Click View on the survey that you need to configure.
- Go to the Attributes tab.
- Click Add attribute.
- Set the Name. Example: Working preference.
- Set the Attribute type. Example: Option. See Introduction to attributes and segments for an explanation on each attribute type.
- (Optional) Set a description for the attribute, to display as an explanation next to the attribute in the survey. The description should help employees understand the meaning of the attribute. Example: Please select whether you prefer to work in the office or from home. If you'd like to explain how you'll use the information at a higher level or talk about multiple attributes, use the overall Message field in the Attributes tab of your survey schedule instead (see Enable survey attribute data collection).
- (Optional) Set targeting in the Targeted data collection section.
- (Optional) Add Name localization in the Advanced field.
- (Optional) Add Description localization in the Advanced field.
- Click Save changes.
- Add segments to the attribute. These will display as drop-down options in the survey in alphabetical order.
The attribute is ready, but will remain dormant until you add it to a survey schedule and employees start selecting its segment options.
You can continue adding segment options to the attribute on an ongoing basis.