Permission: Manage schedules.
Create the attributes and segments you wish to use in the survey. If you plan to collect sensitive attributes, Create a consent requiring survey attribute.
You can use survey attributes to collect and validate demographic data using the survey, by enabling employees to self-select a segment option from the list of each survey attribute. Once an employee select a segment, the answers they subsequently provide will populate the selected segment, making it an effective way of collecting demographic data, and immediately being able to analyse the segment's aggregated survey responses.
To configure this, you first need to create the attribute and its segment options, then enable it on the survey that it should be part of.
Survey attributes work on a per-schedule basis, so you need to enable them in each survey schedule they should be part of. However, you can target your attribute collection to include or exclude certain segments.
- Go to Administration > Schedules.
- Click View on the survey that you need to configure.
- Go to the Attributes tab.
- Add your survey attributes in the Select attributes area.
- Choose whether each attribute should be Optional or Mandatory.
- (Optional) Add a message in the Message field.
- (Optional) Add translations to your message, if you're using multiple survey languages.
- (Optional) Preview the survey.
The attributes will display at the start of the survey. If you've set them as Required, employees must select an option before being able to answer the regular survey questions.