Permission: Manage schedules.
Create the attributes and segments you wish to use in the survey. If you plan to collect sensitive attributes, Create a consent requiring survey attribute.
You can use surveys to collect and validate demographic data, by enabling employees to self-select a segment option from the list of each attribute that you enabled in the survey. Once an employee select a segment, the answers they subsequently provide will populate the selected segment, making it an effective way of collecting demographic data, and immediately being able to analyze the segment's aggregated survey responses.
To configure this, you first need to create the attribute and its segment options, then enable it on the survey that it should be part of.
Attribute data collection works on a per-schedule basis, so you need to enable them in each survey schedule they should be part of. However, you can target your attribute collection to include or exclude certain segments.
- Go to Administration > Schedules.
- Click View on the survey that you need to configure.
- Go to the Attributes tab.
- Add your attributes in the Select attributes area.
- Choose whether each attribute should be Optional or Mandatory.
- (Optional) Add a message in the Message field.
- (Optional) Add translations to your message, if you're using multiple survey languages.
- (Optional) Preview the survey.
The attributes will display at the start of the survey. If you've set them as Required, employees must select an option before being able to answer the regular survey questions.
If you enable multiple attributes for data collection, their order in the survey mirrors the order that they display in Administration > Attributes. You can drag and drop attributes to change the order. The segment options within each attribute display alphabetically.