Permission: Manage schedules.
The standard Company schedule already has the Target population set to Company. The Only including and Excluding settings allow you to further refine survey targeting. Example: Target population: Company. Excluding Finance (Department).
You can set the survey Target population to a specific segment when you Create a new survey schedule. It's possible to have 1 survey per target population.
You can edit the Only including and Excluding settings during and after survey schedule creation. It's possible to target the same segment in the Only including and Excluding fields of multiple survey schedules. When employees are included in more than 1 active schedule, the Target tab displays a warning about overlapping schedules.
Make sure to finalize segment targeting at least 1 day before the survey round launches.
See Survey targeting for more information and recommendations.
The Only including and Excluding settings are mutually exclusive. Example: If you set the survey to only include Marketing and Denmark, it will include all employees from Marketing and all employees from Denmark.
For two-fold targeting, Create a new survey schedule with a specific segment in the Target population field, and the remaining fields for further refinement. Alternatively, you can use combination attributes to create intersecting segments that you can target (see Using combination attributes for additional access).
- Go to Administration > Schedules.
- Click View on the survey that you need to configure.
- Go to the Target tab.
- Set Only including or Excluding to the segments you need to target.
- Click Update schedule.
The targeting is ready for the next survey round.
If you made these changes during a live round, the effect varies depending on the change:
- Added included segments: The Employees page in Administration will display a banner enabling you to confirm whether the newly included employees should be added to the already open survey round.
- Removed included segments or added excluded segments: If the newly excluded employees already have the survey link, they can still participate in that round, but not future rounds.
Article is closed for comments.