Permissions: Manage schedules and Manage questions.
You can configure which questions you want to include in the question rotation process in surveys.
For a question to display in surveys, it must be:
- Set as active in the question configuration area.
- Part of an enabled question set within the survey schedule (except for Values or Open-ended questions groups, where questions must only be active to be in a survey).
Switching question sets off on a survey round also enables you to run standalone surveys targeting specific segments of your business or run your questions at different cadences to suit your needs. Example: You can schedule Engagement, H&W, and D&I question sets monthly and schedule separate, quarterly T&C survey rounds that target your accounting department only.
- Go to Administration > Questions.
- Open a question set. Example: Engagement.
- Ensure that the questions you need to use in surveys are active.
- (Optional) Create and activate any new questions, if needed:
- Go to Administration > Schedules.
- Open a schedule by clicking View or create a new schedule.
- Enable the specific question set and configure its frequencies in the Frequency tab.
- Activate the question set in every schedule that should use those questions.
If you make changes to questions during a live round, the changes will reflect immediately for employees who didn't yet answer the survey.
For automatically recurring surveys, the timing of when the question displays can differ from 1 employee to another, depending on when the employee last answered the question.
Review question targeting before your next survey round, because targeting can work as another layer in determining whether certain employees, or an entire survey schedule, can receive specific questions.