Permission: Manage questions.
Standard questions already have localizations available in all supported languages. You can edit localizations to change the way the question displays in the survey and in the dashboard when using the specific language.
You need to create your own localizations for any custom questions that you create. If you restrict your surveys to specific languages, you only need to create question translations for those languages. If an employee selects a survey language that doesn't have a translation for a custom question, the question displays in its original form.
- Go to Administration > Questions.
- Select the question set that contains, or will contain, the question you want to translate.
- Either add a new question or click Edit on an existing question.
- Expand the Localization subsection.
- Select the language in which you want to translate the question.
- Add the translation and save changes.
The translated versions of the question are effective immediately. If you make an edit during a live round, employees that already opened the survey without completing it might still see the old version due to browser cache.