Permission: Manage questions.
You can create an open-ended question for ad hoc topics that don't require long-term analysis. Example: Feedback on a company off-site.
Read more at Open-ended questions.
- Go to Administration > Questions.
- Go to Open-Ended Questions.
- Make sure that your context selection is correct. If you're in a segment context, the new question will use that segment as the overall target.
- Add the new question.
- Set question frequency. Example: Quarterly.
- (Optional) Include the %s placeholder wherever the question should use the company name or a branded segment name.
- (Optional) Add any relevant translations. Without a translation in an available survey language, the question will display in the original language in surveys where a translation is missing.
- (Optional) Set target segments to the groups of employees that should receive this question.
If you make changes to questions during a live round, the changes will reflect immediately for employees who didn't yet answer the survey.
The new question is available immediately after you toggle it active. If you add active questions during a live round, employees that already opened the survey without completing it might still see the old version due to browser cache.