To ensure the safety of users, the mobile application:
- Establishes a secure connection to the Workday Peakon Employee Voice backend system using modern security standards.
- Uses SSL pinning to prevent insecure communication channels. Example: When using public WiFi.
- Goes through biannual security penetration testing to ensure that the application keeps up with industry standards.
- Doesn't store PII and survey data on the device.
- Encrypts the session token in a secure keychain, automatically expiring after signing out or 4 weeks of inactivity.
After signing in, the session only grants access to functionality that's relevant to the mobile application. Example: A Human Resources administrator can't make changes to the administration area of the product.
The mobile app supports Mobile Device Management (MDM), however it doesn't support Mobile Application Management (MAM). We recommend Administrators to consult with their technology teams.