This article focuses on frequently asked questions about the Transformation and Change question set.
Peakon’s Transformation and Change question set enables managers and people leaders to track the impact of transformation and change on employee engagement.
1. When will the Transformation and Change question set be available?
Access the Transformation and Change Question Set by submitting a request to your Customer Success Manager or Workday Customer Center.
From August 22, 2022, the question set will be available to all customers without the need to request it.
2. What does the question set cost?
The question set is available at no additional cost for all Workday Peakon Employee Voice customers.
3. Do the questions help measure unplanned or planned changes in my organization?
Peakon has developed standard questions to reflect both types of change. Because many customers are likely to use the standard questions for both types, the distinction comes from the open comments that go along with the response. However, if your organization wants to understand a specific, short term change, for example that has a particular name e.g. "merger with company X" or the "Workday digital transformation", then we have wording that is more appropriate to specific programs.
4. Does this question set need to be used with engagement questions or is it standalone like the I&D module?
It is standalone. While successful transformation is likely to benefit engagement, we don't consider it as an engagement driver.
5. When would it be best for me to implement these questions? Should they be used in a clearly defined change process or should they by part of a regular question-set?
Change is constant in any organization. It is up to the individual organization to decide when they should be asked. If, for example, you survey just twice a year, you may want to ask the questions in full, together with other question sets. Alternatively, you might want to introduce the questions within the normal question set, or to ask them all at once as a one-off, and/or about a particular event, depending on your circumstances.
6. Can we issue the question set to particular departments or for cross function (matrix) teams?
Yes, you have control over who you ask the questions to and when.
7. Is the database also made up of a variety of industries to compare against?
We will have external benchmarks available in the next few months. Once we have more customers using the new question set, we can then gather data on industries to develop benchmarks for you.
8. Can we opt into the question set but then choose to use them later?
Yes. The questions are built into the system, so you can simply choose which ones you want to add, or add some and remove them later from the question pool.
9. Is targeting also possible for the main outcome question?
This is not possible currently.
10. Can an action plan be prescribed and automatically pushed based on an individual leader's results. If so, can that plan be customized once pushed?
Currently, companies can suggest actions to leaders for Engagement. This will also be made available for Transformation and Change (alongside our other question-sets) in the next few months. This will enable administrators to set suggested actions for leaders.
11. If we have a specific transformation (for example, M&A) - can we tweak the text of each question to name it Mergers and Acquisition instead of Transformation and Change?
Yes. We suggest you work with your Customer Success Representative to support you in this, as we have created the questions to support you in general or specific types of transformation and change. As the survey is available in a multitude of languages, you will need to make the changes on each language that your company uses. This will mean that, when an employee completes their survey in that specific language, they will see the edited version of the question.
Because of external benchmarking, any edit should not change the meaning or sentiment of the question.
12. Can you manage the questions for a specific change project or program. If you can, is it possible to direct those questions to specific recipients of that project or program?
We also have a set of questions that can be used for specific change projects. These can be directed to specific segments once you set up your survey schedules. Targeting questions to only include or exclude specific employee groups allows companies to have all employees on the same schedule, while providing different groups with a slightly different question set, depending on their needs.
13. Can we have different questions for different audiences? For example, department A is going through leadership change while department B is going through major software deployment.
Depending on your circumstances, you can create custom questions based on the standard Transformation and Change questions to help target specific segments.
14. Is it possible to add custom sub drivers?
Yes. With our new Transformation and Change driver, it is possible to add up to 5 custom questions. A new question can be added to one of the existing Transformation and Change drivers. A driver can have multiple questions. However this should be done with care, as it will affect participation on this question.
Please sign in to leave a comment.