This article covers an overview of the integration. You can find the full step by step instructions for Peakon Workday Integration in Workday Admin Guide.
As an administrator of your company’s Peakon account, you are able to connect Peakon to Workday. This will allow for automatic one-way syncing of your employee data from Workday to Peakon, keeping your employee directory up to date at all times. Any employee updates made in Workday will be automatically synced over to Peakon hourly.
The following fields will be synced automatically when available on both Peakon and Workday. This requires set-up to provide access across a number of security domains, each providing access to a subset of functionality/fields.
|Worker Data: Public Worker Reports (required)||Provides the Integration User access to SOAP Web Services API.|
|Worker Data: Workers (required)||
|Person Data: Work Email (required)||
|Worker Data: Current Staffing Information (required)||
|Worker Data: Active and Terminated Workers||
|Person Data: Date of Birth||
|Person Data: Gender||
|Worker Data: Business Title on Worker Profile||
|Worker Data: Current Management Level Information||
|Person Data: Ethnicity||
For any additional attributes that you are using on Peakon, you will need to ensure that the field on Workday matches the attribute name on Peakon. This excludes the two standard fields such as Timezone and Language. These fields are set automatically through detection, or they can be overridden by a manual import (see Setting the employee time zone via Excel and Setting the employee language with a data import (CSV or XLSX)).
Setting up the Peakon and Workday integration
Administrators can connect Peakon to Workday if they have admin rights on both platforms. Ensure that you have the correct permissions in Workday to add apps and that the Peakon app is approved by your Workday administrator.
The Workday integration into Peakon requires configuration both on Workday and Peakon. See Peakon Workday Integration for more.
Setting up custom home page cards
You can now create cards for Peakon when a survey is available using Workday Orchestration Builder. This enables you to provide employees with access to their Peakon survey from the Workday Home page. You can also use this card to get feedback from your workers on their workplace experience.
- Ensure you have set up OAuth authentication to connect to Workday along with the appropriate Security Domain permissions as per the Workday integration guide.
Having the OAuth authentication is required in order to connect to Workday, along with any extended functionalities (such as the Home Page card).
- See Steps: Set Up the Workday People Experience Home Page for more information on how to add Peakon Survey Round Link card to the Workday home page.
- After the initial sync, subsequent synchronizations will be performed hourly, and will be incremental to that only employee records that have changed in Workday carries over.
- The Sync all button can be used to perform additional, full synchronization of the entire employee directory when needed.
- If any synced information should be backdated on Peakon, this can be done manually. See Updating employee and segment data with a retroactive effect for instructions.