How do I grant access only to certain managers?
In some cases, you may wish to deactivate the default "Manager" access control group and instead set up custom access control groups for managers with different permissions enabled for each group, for example "Managers with full access" or "Managers without comment access" etc.
- Decide on the groups of managers that you would like to differentiate between
- Create the option type attribute and add a segment for each group a manager could be placed in, see Configuration of Attributes and segments
- Create an access control group to match each segment, see About access control groups and how they work
- Select the Managed employees option and the Choose by segments option
- Select the segment(s) the group should be populated by and save the changes by clicking Create group
- Once the groups have been setup, provide local admins with an explanation of which permissions are enabled for each manager access control group so that they can update their employee records accordingly