This series of articles provide an overview of every recommended step, along with documentation containing instructions on how to configure your account and best practices. Below is an overview of the steps needed to launch your first Peakon Engage survey:
- Step 1: Setting up your company structure and user data
- Step 2: Configure roles and permissions
- Step 3: Set up your data settings
- Step 4: Review your questions
- Step 5: Schedule and test your survey
- Step 6: Draw your communication plan
- Step 7: Launch the survey
Before moving forward to the first step about configuring and launching your employee engagement survey with Peakon, there are a couple of areas that you should define first, in order to measure the success of the rollout. We recommend determining a clear employee engagement strategy by defining your business objectives, selecting your success metrics and planning a rollout strategy for the organization.
Define business objective
What is the eventual business objective you are looking to achieve with improving your employee engagement? Is your focus on retention or increased business performance, for example?
Select success metrics
Deciding on success criteria is helpful in setting goals for your survey. Some things to think about are:
- How will success be measured?
- How much participation should you aim for?
- How active should managers be in the platform?
- Is there a specific driver you wish to improve over time?
- Do you have any company initiatives that could be tied to Peakon's questions, in order to measure progress?
To ensure a smooth implementation, it is important to set clear guidelines as a baseline for your entire organisation, particularly we recommend thinking about the following questions:
- Who are the project stakeholders and how are they involved during the rollout?
- Will you include all departments during the rollout, or pilot with one team first?
- When do you plan on going live with the survey?
- Which will be the internal company's point of contact for managers and employees?
- Who will be responsible for updating any admin settings?
- Who will be responsible for updating user data? Do you need any local (regional) admins to help out with maintaining the data up to date?
- Who will have access to the dashboard?
- What will managers be able to do in Peakon? (view, respond to comments, acknowledge, see specific team's data etc)
- Do managers need platform training and guidance before going live?
- Will employees have access to their personal dashboard?
- Do employees need a session to go through how Peakon works and any confidentiality concerns?