- When employee changes are reflected in Peakon
- Editing user information
- Making retroactive changes
- Assigning a segment to manage
- Adding an employee to an access control group
- Adding an employee to a survey round
When employee changes are reflected in Peakon
When making changes to employees, ensure you have finalized all employee updates the day before the survey round opens, as that will ensure the data is already valid for that survey round. If an update is made during a live round, it will be reflected on the dashboard from the next survey round, unless it is backdated to a date that is before the survey started. The dashboard will always display what was in Peakon at the time the survey round was released.
Editing user information
Admin members on Peakon have the ability to make changes to attributes, segments, and employee records. For all other users with access to a dashboard, permissions will vary based on what access permissions the account admin has granted certain users. If you do not have access to update employees, you will need to send your request to your Peakon administrator who can help you with this.
To update an employee manually:
- Go Administration > Employees
- Find the employee you wish to update and click on their profile
- Find the field you wish to edit, make the update and click on Save changes
Making retroactive changes
By default, all changes are effective from now onwards. Employees can also be backdated to populate the segment dashboard with historical survey results. Without backdating, only the current scores are moved to the new segment. With backdating, all historical scores and comments are moved to the new segment. For more information on backdating, see article Updating employee and segment data with a retroactive effect.
Assigning a segment to manage
Assigning a manager to a segment is useful when you have managers that are not necessarily people managers but they are responsible for certain areas of your business. By default, when an employee is assigned to manage a segment, they are automatically added to the manager access control group and have access to all historical data for the segment. Instructions on granting access to a segment can be found in article Giving access to segment data by adding segment managers
Adding an employee to an access control group
There are two ways that access control groups can be populated.
- Manually - individually selecting and adding the user to the group
- Populating a group via an attribute - selecting a segment of employees of which all the people managers (through reporting lines or managing a segment) will be added to the group
Manually adding/removing members
This option is available on all the default groups with the exception of the "Manager" group.
- Navigate to Administration > Access Control
- Select the access control group of interest
- Click on Group Members
- Click on the Add people icon
- Select the person from the list and click on Add
To remove a member, simply click on the Remove icon.
Populating a group by attribute
This option is suitable for larger groups of employees. For example, the default manager group is populated this way. All managers with reports within the chosen segment are automatically added to the access control group.
Removing members: this is done on the employee record itself by clearing the attribute value used to populate the access control group.
For more information, see Adding a new manager for instructions.
Adding an employee to a survey round
Once you have added the employee, it is possible to add them to a survey round, as long as it is still open. This option is only visible for system administrators, therefore if you have added an employee and they need to be added to the survey round, please reach out to your administrator.
If you are using several schedules with targeted employee groups, make sure to check the employee is part of one of these target groups.
There are two ways to send a new employee their survey:
1. From the Rounds tab under the Employee record.
2. From the general Employees section where a banner will appear with a prompt to add the employee to the open round.
An employee will need to be marked as currently employed, those with past separation dates or future hire dates by default will not receive the survey.
For more information, see Adding a new employee manually.