Across Peakon's customer base:
- The average time per question is approximately 15 seconds.
- The time per question remains the same no matter how many questions display in the survey.
We multiply the average time per question by the number of questions to calculate the approximate time to complete the full survey. The number that displays in the user interface is rounded to the nearest full minute.
Example: If you have approximately 31 questions in the survey, the approximate time to complete the survey would be 7.75 minutes, rounded up to 8 minutes in the user interface.
Note that the approximate survey completion time doesn't take into account the individual factors that can influence the actual number of questions each employee will receive:
- Whether it's an employee's first or subsequent survey round.
- Question targeting.
- Extreme scores.
- Skipped survey rounds.
It's not possible to manually set a specific survey completion time, however you can change it indirectly in 2 ways:
- Change the question frequencies. Example: If you have a monthly survey with monthly question frequency, decreasing the question frequencies to 'Quarterly' or every 8 weeks will result in a decreased survey completion time.
- Deactivate question sets or individual questions. If you have any less relevant questions in your question library, you can deactivate them and they won't be part of the survey. You can also deactivate entire question sets directly in the survey schedule. This option is also applicable if you've set your survey frequency to Manual, which asks all active questions.
If you make either of those changes, the survey completion time will instantly update.