For a user to exist on Peakon, they first need to be added as an employee. This is the case for all users, including managers and system administrators.
Adding employees manually is a good option for adding a couple of employees. For adding larger groups of employees, we recommend using the excel import method instead.
This article will cover:
Adding the employee
How to add a new employee to Peakon:
- Go to Administration > Employees
- Click Add employee
- Fill in the employee's details
- Click the Create employee button to save the changes
It will not be possible to save the changes until the following details are filled in:
- First and last name
- The unique identifier - email address and/or employee number
Sending a new employee their survey link (admins only)
Once you have added the employee, it is possible to add them to a survey round, as long as it is still open.
If you are using several schedules with targeted employee groups, make sure to check the employee is part of one of these target groups.
How to add a new employee to the survey (2 ways):
|From the Rounds tab under the employee record||Go to Administration > Employees > search for the employee > open their employee record > go to the Rounds tab and confirm that this employee should be added to the open survey round|
|From the general Employees section where a banner will appear with a prompt to add the employee to the open round||Go to Administration > Employees > click the option in the banner at the top of the page to confirm all newly qualifying employees to be added to the open survey round|
Both actions will instantly send them an email with their unique survey link.
If you have added an employee, and the option to add them to the round is not coming up, check for these things:
- The round must still be in its open period, not soft closed or hard closed
- The employee does not have a past separation date on Peakon
- The employee does not have a future start date on Peakon
- The exact targeting used in the Schedule settings does not exclude the employee