Administrators can manually combine multiple, already existing, segments into one new segment for analysis. This can be done prior to a survey launch, as well as retrospectively after a survey has long been closed. This article will focus on a specific example, however the instructions can be adapted to combine a multitude of segments across various attributes.
This option is different to Using combination attributes for additional access, which automatically combines two existing attributes to create intersecting segments.
Task: a senior leader who manages four different teams can see them all in one combined view, and can also view them separately.
- Customer Success Consultants
- Commercial Customer Success Consultants
- Enterprise Customer Success Consultants
- Customer Support Specialists
The senior leader would like to be able to have an additional view which contains the three Customer Success teams, without the Customer Support team.
Solution: create a new attribute, and a segment option within that attribute. Filter your employees by the 3 Customer Success teams, and bulk add them into the newly created segment.
- Go to Administration > Attributes
- Choose the Option type
- Give the attribute a name, for example Custom Report and save changes
- Within the attribute, add a segment, for example Customer Success excluding Support
- Go to Administration > Employees
- In the left filter menu, use the filters so that only employees from the 3 Customer Success teams are visible (for example by selecting the Team attribute and choosing the 3 teams, or by selecting the Manager attribute, choosing the Senior Leader, then setting the Team attribute to "is not" Customer Support Specialists)
- Select all employees and click Edit
- Find the field of the attribute you created (in this case Custom Report)
- From that attribute's drop-down menu, choose the segment you created (in this case Customer Success excluding Support)
- Click the small clock icon next to that field and backdate the change as far as necessary, then save all changes
- Go back to Administration > Employees and open the senior leader's employee record
- In the Managing tab, add the newly created segment to this senior leader's managed segments
This manually created segment will now be visible as an additional option in the senior leader's context. It will need to be maintained manually over time, so any changes that may happen in the 3 separate Customer Success teams will need to be updated in the custom segment too.
Article is closed for comments.