Sending the survey by email enables each employee to receive their unique survey link.
On the day of the survey launch, the survey link is sent to all active employees as long as they have a valid email address, if you've enabled the Email sendout setting in the Email tab of your survey schedule.
Scenario 1: If you schedule a survey for the same day and enable data collection, Peakon immediately sends email notifications to employees.
Scenario 2: If you've configured your survey to launch automatically on a set date, the email uses this information to send the email at the right time to each employee:
- Survey schedule send-out time.
- Employee record time zone.
- Survey schedule time zone.
See Survey send-out time for more information.
Customizing the survey email enables you to cater to the requirements of different business units or entities in your organization.
It's possible to customize:
- Survey sender.
- Email subject line.
- Email text.
The email customization settings are in the Email and Survey settings tabs of each survey schedule. See Customize survey email for more information and instructions.
Resending the survey notification
If an employee is unable to locate their survey email, they can request the administrator to resend the survey. See Re-send the survey to an employee.
Alternatively, there are some self-service options for employees:
- If your organization has enabled the use of personal dashboards, the employee can alternatively access their survey by signing into their personal dashboard.
- The employee can also access their survey through their Peakon mobile application. The survey only displays in the personal dashboard or the mobile application if the employee is part of the survey round.
- If the employee has already answered their survey, they can reset their answers and redo their survey by reopening their original survey link and going through the reset process that displays on the completed survey link. It's only possible to reset the survey while the survey round is still open.
After the survey has launched, the survey schedule displays the date of the survey reminder email for employees who have not yet provided a survey response.
You can override the reminder date, send an immediate reminder, or cancel the reminder emails altogether. Overriding the first reminder email will also push the subsequent reminder email date backward or forward by the same number of days. See Survey participant facing emails for more information.
Refer to Ensuring email delivery from Peakon with your IT department to avoid emails bouncing or your email server marking Peakon emails as spam.
Contact our Customer Care team if your company uses multiple email domains (Example: .com and .co.uk). We need to add the additional domains to your Peakon account to prevent errors during employee data import.
It's not possible to customize reminder or reactivation emails. For more information about the standard reminder and reactivation emails, see Survey participant facing emails.
To ensure that Peakon emails meet the relevant requirements, the survey notification emails enable employees to unsubscribe.
Peakon doesn't display the names of unsubscribed employees in the administrator user interface. Administrators can see the number of employees who have unsubscribed in the Email tab of the survey schedule.
Administrators can bulk resubscribe employees. Employees and managers can also self-service their subscription preferences in their Peakon profile on desktop or the mobile application. See Sign in to your account and Email notification subscriptions.