You can use Open-ended questions to gain insight on your employee onboarding experience by targeting the earliest tenure segment. Example: The standard < 3 months after starting segment from the Tenure attribute contains all employees whose tenure value is less than 3 months.
It's also possible to ask offboarding questions by targeting a separation segment that contains employees that have handed in their resignation notice. Example: The standard < 3 months before separation segment from the Separation date attribute contains all employees who have a separation date value that's in less than 3 months.
These questions focus on the employee expectations of the job description and the available resources to be effective in their role. Together they provide further insights into what your organization can improve to avoid future attrition and replace the need for exit surveys.
We recommend integrating onboarding and offboarding questions into your regular surveys, but it's also possible to create a separate schedule for new joiners or leavers.
All standard onboarding and offboarding questions already have translations available in all supported languages.
These standard onboarding questions are available already:
- As someone who has recently joined [company name], what aspects of our onboarding process worked well and what could we do better?
- Based on your recent experiences, do you have any feedback that could improve our recruitment process at [company name]?
- Considering the expectations you had about your role and [company name] before you started, how do you feel they've been met so far?
These standard offboarding questions are available already:
- Do you feel the responsibilities for your role changed since you were hired?
- Would you say that you had adequate resources to do your job to the best of your ability?
When adding your own custom onboarding or offboarding questions:
- Use the Only including targeting option, and target them to a segment from the Tenure or Separation date attribute (or equivalent), respectively.
- Set the Frequency to Once to ensure that each qualifying employee won’t get a repeat of those questions.