Administrators can choose to send out the survey via SMS on a per-schedule basis through the Peakon interface, after which employees with a phone number will receive a link to the survey over SMS, in addition to the regular email. The employee will also get an SMS reminder to complete the survey halfway through the survey round, and every four days thereafter, at no additional costs to your organisation.
See Enable SMS survey notifications for configuration.
This article covers:
- Survey sender
- Notification content
- Language detection
- Delivery rates
- Phone number configuration
Depending on the individual carrier network and location, the SMS will be coming from a regular phone number.
- New survey: <Sender> would like your help to make <Company> the best workplace it can be by answering a few questions: <Individual survey link> To opt out of all SMS notifications, reply STOP
- Reminder: Please take a few minutes to answer a few questions and help us make <Company> the best workplace it can be: <Individual survey link> To opt out of all SMS notifications, reply STOP
- New kiosk survey: <Sender> would like your help to make <Company> the best workplace it can be. Just use your personal code <Code> to answer a few questions: <Kiosk survey link> To opt out of all SMS notifications, reply STOP
- Kiosk survey reminder: Answer a few questions using your personal code <Code> and help us make <Company> the best workplace it can be: <Kiosk survey link> To opt out of all SMS notifications, reply STOP
The language setting for SMS messaging uses the same logic used to determine a user's language in Peakon. The language will be identified using the first of the following that has been set on Peakon before defaulting to English.
- Forced language on the schedule
- Assigned language on the employee's profile
- The language of the user as detected by their browser if they have logged into Peakon previously
To unsubscribe or re-subscribe to receiving SMS messages from Peakon, employees can reply or send an SMS with the word STOP or START, respectively, to one of the numbers below:
- United States: +1 (415) 341-9369
- United Kingdom: +44 7862133788
- Canada: +1 (778) 400-2438
- Australia: +61 480090894
- Denmark: +45 81827126
- Sweden: +46 701926936
- Finland: +358 454948601
Sending your engagement survey over SMS normally works well to phones in most countries. However, SMS as a technology is inherently less reliable than email, and country-specific regulation, carriers and subscriber configurations do affect delivery rates. Therefore, it sometimes happens that an employee might not receive their engagement SMS as expected.
In that case, please contact Workday Support, so that we can investigate the underlying reason and even re-send the SMS if needed.
Peakon utilizes a popular and proven external provider for SMS delivery called Twilio.
To guarantee the best delivery rate for your engagement survey over SMS, always make sure to send a test survey to at least one employee in each country where employees will receive the overall engagement survey.
Phone number configuration
When using the CSV file upload method to import and update employee records on Peakon, please ensure the following formatting is present on the file:
- Peakon's downloadable template will already contain a column on the sheet for adding phone numbers. When not using Peakon's template ensure a column is present on the sheet called "Phone".
- Phone numbers need to include an area code, eg. Phone numbers in the UK would have +44 followed by the rest of the phone number to read as +4412345678910
- The phone number is stored on the file as a text type cell for the import to work. This is important as any other cell type will likely cause errors during the import.
When an employee's phone number is edited during a live survey round, they will automatically get the survey resent via SMS.
If the phone number is changed before an open survey round, the survey will be sent via SMS on the new phone number once the new round starts.