Sending out a test survey round to employees is a good idea to confirm that the survey process works as expected. Involving members from the IT department in the test round is also good practice since they will be able to fix any network issues that may prevent the survey from being delivered and the links being accessed.
How it works
Once the test round has been sent, the employees will receive the survey via email or SMS containing the survey. If kiosk has been set up as a channel, also kiosk employees will be able to participate using the employee number and first name kiosk method.
Test rounds soft close instantly, meaning that they are only open for two weeks from the day the test is sent.
You can collect test data and review the dashboard for your test survey only. It is possible to restrict who has access to view test data in Access Control, under the Access Statistics section. See About access control groups and how they work for more information.
Test results will be subject to the same data aggregation settings as the real survey, therefore ensure you are testing with enough users for your dashboard to populate results.
Configuring your test survey
Before testing and launching your survey, make sure that your IT department allows emails from Peakon and allows for your network to access Peakon platform's links. If this is not ensure you may risk that Peakon emails will be marked as spam or that users will not be able to access the survey link due to network restrictions. Check out and share with your IT team Allowing email delivery from Peakon and Hosts and protocols for the Peakon services.
How to send a test round:
- Click Administration in the left menu, and then choose the Schedules option.
- Select a survey schedule by clicking on the green View icon.
- Set up the survey details under the tabs, but do not set the survey send out date.
- Click the Send test round icon at the top right of your screen.
5. Select individual employees or a whole segment to add to the test round.
6. Click on the Send test questions icon
Survey readiness checklist
You can copy this table for your own project material and track the readiness of your schedule.
|Task||Y or N?|
|Emails are received in organization's inboxes|
|Links can be opened on company's network|
|Your branding (logo) renders well on both mobile and browser|
|Translations are correct for each question (custom questions)|
|Timezones are correctly set for each user and survey is received at appropriate time|
Viewing test data
Once you have launched your test survey, you will be able to switch dashboards between the regular and test survey results, meaning that you can return to the test results even after launching a real survey.
How to switch to test data
- In the left menu, click into the context selector and select the settings option
- Check the box for Only test data to show the test survey results
- A yellow banner at the top of the page will indicate that you are viewing test results
- To switch back to the regular survey results, click on the Show company data link in the yellow banner
It is also possible to view your test round activity in Schedules by going into Administration > Schedules > Activity > Include test rounds.