This article contains:
- Survey language detection and configuration
- Dashboard language detection and configuration
- Custom questions
- Mobile application language detection
- Supported languages by feature
Survey language detection and configuration
Peakon provides a localized survey experience (including emails and notifications) for a large number of languages. All standard questions come with translations.
When an employee opens their first Peakon survey, the system learns their preferred language through their browser language, or the IP address as a fallback option.
From then onwards, the employee will receive localized communication in their language.
Employees self-selecting their survey language
Each employee can also pick a language using the language drop down menu in the survey. From then onwards, the employee will receive localized communication in the selected language.
Administrators can restrict the languages that display in the drop down menu. The language order in the drop down menu reflects the order you've added them to the Survey language field in the Survey Settings tab. If you restrict the survey to 1 language, the drop down menu disappears.
Manual language selection by an administrator
Users with access to edit employee data can set a locale for groups of employees based on their attribute data. For example, to choose French for your team based in Paris, you can follow these steps:
- Go to Administration > Employees.
- Filter by Local Office and choose Paris.
- Select all employees. If there are more than 50 people, click the Select all button.
- Click Edit to bulk edit.
- Tick the Language box and choose French.
- Save changes.
By doing this before your organization launches Peakon, the first email employees receive from the platform will be in their preferred locale, as will their first survey.
Dashboard language detection and configuration
Manager and personal dashboards
See Reference: Supported languages for dashboards for a list of supported dashboard languages.
Personal dashboards reflect the survey language of the employee. If the current survey language for the employee is not available as a dashboard language, the personal dashboard will default to English.
Managers and employees can select their preferred language by clicking their name in the top right corner of Peakon, followed by Profile:
Shareable dashboards use the browser language, however users can change their language in the drop down menu.
If you add custom questions and you use the survey in multiple languages, you also need to add your own translations.
To edit a custom or standard existing question, you need to edit the language of the question.
Mobile application language detection
The mobile app for iOS and Android uses the device language if it's a language that the app natively supports, otherwise the app defaults to English.
If the administrator restricts the survey language, it will override the device language when answering the survey using the app. The rest of the app interface will continue to respect the device language regardless of the survey language.
Supported languages by feature
- Reference: Supported languages for surveys
- Reference: Supported languages for dashboards
- Reference: Supported languages for micro courses
- Reference: Supported languages for keyword topics
- Reference: Supported languages for sensitive comments
- Reference: Supported languages by feature
These features exist in manager dashboards, however they don't deliver results in the full range of dashboard languages:
- Micro courses: See Reference: Supported languages for micro courses.
- Sensitive comments: See Reference: Supported languages for sensitive comments.
- Keyword topics: See Reference: Supported languages for keyword topics.
- Semantic topics: English only.
- Semantic search: English only.
The PowerPoint export doesn't currently support Arabic, which is a dashboard language. If a manager has set their dashboard to Arabic, their PowerPoint export will default to English.