Connecting Peakon to Hibob will allow for automatic syncing of your employee data between Hibob and Peakon, meaning your employee list stays up-to-date. Any employee updates made on Hibob will be synced over to Peakon automatically.
Prior to connecting your BambooHR, please let your Customer Success Consultant know that you would like to utilise the integration and they will enable this feature for your Peakon account. You can also write to email@example.com to get this feature enabled.
To enable the connection, follow the below steps:
- Log into Hibob and click on your profile name at the top right of your screen
- Select API ACCESS to generate the token which you will need later
- Under APPROVED SCOPES check the Full employee read and Employee fields read box
- Log onto Peakon
- Go to Administration > Integrations
- Click on Hibob and then click on Connect
- Add the token from Hibob into the Access token box
- Once you’ve done that, you will be in the overview page for the bob integration. Click on the Settings tab to configure the synchronization
- Click on the orange Synchronize now option to do a one-time sync
Note: You will need to click the Synchronize now icon every time you'd like to sync Hibob with Peakon. Alternatively, you can set up automatic synchronisation by following the steps in the section below.
Setting up automatic synchronisation
To set up automatic syncing between Hibob and Peakon, you’ll need to get a webhook from Hibob, and enter it into the Webhook secret box under the Real-time updates section of the settings page (pictured above).
- On Hibob click on Integrations and on the Webhook API setup click Add a new subscriber
- Fill in the name, and the URL obtained from the integration page in Peakon, which will be unique to your company
- Tick all boxes, except for the Table Entry options
- Once you have received the webhook, add the webhook to the Webhook secret box on Peakon
What will be synced?
The following fields will be synced automatically when available on both Peakon and Hibob.
|Field or attribute on Peakon||Field on BambooHR|
|First name||First name|
|Employee ID||Employee ID in company|
|Type (eg. full-time, part-time, contractor, intern...)||Employment status|
Syncing Custom fields
Any custom fields on Hibob will be synced to Peakon where the attribute name on Peakon matches the field name on Hibob and the types of data is compatible.
Deletion of employees
When an employee is removed from Hibob, they will also be removed from Peakon via the sync.
Using the separation attributes
It's possible to automatically sync the the data from Hibob to populate these attributes on Peakon. When an employee record is added to Hibob with a hire date set in the future, the employee record will be created on Peakon but the employee will not receive any surveys until the hire date is reached.
Similarly, when an employee is marked as leaving or left on Hibob, the employee's Separation date and Separation reason attributes on Peakon will be set. Once the separation date has passed the employee will no longer receive any surveys.
To take advantage of using these attributes, please refer to our Removing an employee from Peakon help centre article.