Connecting Peakon to Hibob will allow for automatic syncing of your employee data between Hibob and Peakon, meaning your employee list stays current. Any employee updates made on Hibob will be synced over to Peakon automatically.
Prior to connecting your Hibob account, please let Workday Support know that you would like to utilise the integration and you will get the feature enabled for your account.
Enabling the integration
Create the API token on HiBob with these permissions:
- Full employee read
- Employee fields read
- Employee update
- Log onto Peakon
- Go to Administration > Integrations
- Click on Hibob and then click on Connect
- Add your token from Hibob into the Access token box
- Once you’ve done that, you will be in the overview page for the bob integration. Click on the Settings tab to configure the synchronization
- Click on the Synchronize now option to do a one-time sync
You will need to click the Synchronize now icon every time you'd like to sync Hibob with Peakon. Alternatively, you can set up automatic synchronization.
Setting up automatic synchronization
- On HiBob, create a new subscriber in the Webhook API setup, enabling all events except the table entry options.
- Add the unique URL from the integration page in Peakon.
- Obtain the HiBob Webhook API.
- On Peakon, add the Webhook API to the Webhook secret box on the HiBob integration page.
What will be synced?
The following fields will be synced automatically when available on both Peakon and Hibob.
|Field or attribute on Peakon||Field on Hibob|
|First name||First name|
|Employee ID||Employee ID in company|
|Type (eg. full-time, part-time, contractor, intern...)||Employment status|
Syncing Custom fields
Any custom fields on Hibob will be synced to Peakon where the attribute name on Peakon matches the field name on Hibob and the types of data is compatible.
Deletion of employees
When an employee is removed from Hibob, they will also be removed from Peakon via the sync.
Using the separation attributes
It's possible to automatically sync the the data from Hibob to populate these attributes on Peakon. When an employee record is added to Hibob with a hire date set in the future, the employee record will be created on Peakon but the employee will not receive any surveys until the hire date is reached.
Similarly, when an employee is marked as leaving or left on Hibob, the employee's Separation date and Separation reason attributes on Peakon will be set. Once the separation date has passed the employee will no longer receive any surveys.
To take advantage of using these attributes, please refer to our Removing an employee from Peakon help centre article.