Effective from May 25th 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive which has been law across the European Union for the past 20 years. Its mission is to harmonise the approach to data protection matters across Europe by establishing a single set of pan-European rules, protecting and empowering citizens.
Peakon is committed to GDPR compliance and we’re excited to help our customers understand how we are approaching this.
Data Peakon collects
Data Peakon collects can be classified into four categories; information employees give us, employee information given to us by employers, information Peakon collects, and information we receive from other sources. Employees provide information via the survey’s they complete. Employers provide information about their employees such as length of tenure, department, job title, location etc. in addition to basic contact information, such as employee email address for the survey to be sent to.
How Peakon uses data
Information that employees provide is aggregated with information from other employees, and compared to data from past or future employee responses and/or industry benchmarks. This information is not used to personally identify individuals. All survey responses are entirely optional and questions can be skipped. There is no requirement for employees to complete Peakon surveys.
In addition, personal data that we collect from employees through the platform, is subject to the following rights:
- Employees have the right to access, rectify or erase personal data Peakon holds on them.
- Employees also have the right to set preferences around how their data is processed, for example unsubscribing from survey invite emails.
- Employees also have the right to obtain copies of their personal data for reuse or transmission to another platform, where feasible.
When requesting to delete personal data, please contact your HR responsible within your organisation.
It is also possible to unsubscribe from Peakon emails, by clicking on the unsubscribe option on the email.
The core of the Peakon platform is hosted inside the EEA, where employee data and survey responses are stored and processed, with reasonable and adequate actions being taken to ensure it is stored securely and safely.
Appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to a level of security on data to mitigate against accidental, unauthorised or unlawful loss, destruction, alteration, disclosure or access to Personal Data.
Measures Peakon take to ensure data is handled securely include:
- Encryption of Personal Data
- Backup and disaster recovery arrangements
- The ability to ensure ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the IT infrastructure and environment
- Regular testing and evaluation of the effectiveness of such measures
If you have any questions about this article, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.