These permissions are necessary to set custom focus areas:
Access to strengths and focus areas
Manage focus areas
Leaders can set their own focus areas. Setting custom focus areas can be useful when the recommended focus areas are areas the leader can't act on themselves.
When a leader manually sets a driver as a focus area:
- The leader can decide whether to notify their employees through email.
- The focus area will display on personal and shared dashboards.
- The dashboard of the focus area driver displays the name of the leader who set the focus area.
- Other managers of the same segment receive an in-app notification of the leader setting the focus area.
- The digest email states that the leader set the focus area, if the driver is still a focus area at the next end-of-round digest send-out.
- Click Show all drivers in your Overview or go to Analysis > Drivers.
- Click the driver that you need to set as a focus area.
- Under the score and participation section, click Set as focus area.
- Select whether you need to notify employees.